Friday, June 5, 2009

Hobart Town

Hobart Town
I snuck into Hobart for a weekend away last weekend.

It's a beautiful City, one of the oldest in terms of European occupation and I've just wanted to hang in Hobart for a number of years now. Have been there for work quite a few times but have never had the extra time for "museum Claudia" - that part of me who loves history, objects and museums so much, to take the time and explore Hobart.

Port Arthur was simply beautiful. The location, the grounds, the gardens, the ruins. Being from Victoria we're no longer used to seeing green landscape. It was breathtaking. Just breathtaking. The brief guided tour was bad. Really bad. I"ve been on a lot of guided tours and used to take them at the Old Treasury Building in melb, and this was very disappointing to the degree that I was embarrassed on her behalf. No interest in her topic. Machine gun fire delivery with all the info rushing out so quickly quite a bit of what she said didn't really make sense. Ah well. When I go back to history and museums, maybe I'll be a guide at Port Arthur.

Battery Point.
Or a tour guide at Battery Point, though I missed that one. I walked around battery Point during Sunday morning last. It was a beautiful Autumn day with the sun and clouds alternating and I took a ton of photos. Here are some to share.

No comments: