Sunday, April 7, 2013





There has been much hype about newcomer to the Victoria St cafe cluster Common Galaxia, so as a long term Seddon local I thought I'd check out what the new neighbours are doing now they've had time to settle in a bit.

I admit Sunday breakfast is a hectic time to visit.  I certainly acknowledge that, but the service from the delightful staff was slow, my tepid coffee arrived with half of it in the saucer with no comment or apology and I had to call a staff member over twice to order.  Not a very good start.



Local bread from Sourdough Kitchen is wonderful, but was toasted to "brittle" on the richter scale. The perfectly poached eggs were doing their best to soften the toast but only succeeded in part.  The roof of my mouth was torn to pieces on the toast. The bacon was flavoursome but very leathery.  Benefit was that between the toast and the bacon I took my time over breakfast chewing, chewing, chewing.

Known for its coffee, I found the coffee very average. Very weak and milky.  One thing in favour was the perfectly poached eggs.  Perhaps to many this is a small thing, but being the queen of poached eggs I know all too well how disappointingly tricky this can be.  So congratulations to CG for the perfect poaching.  The other upside were the flavours. Great flavours, shame about the texture.

Despite a few good aspects, all in all, the trendoids from the other side of town have lowered the local standard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.